Sunday, June 1, 2014

Weekend Recap

What an amazing weekend! I feel so relaxed and I got to spend some time with some awesome friends and family. Yesterday I went shopping with my friend Kirstin and we had a very successful day! I really didn't have anything I needed but there was definitely something that I wanted that I've been putting money aside for.

This baby

I absolutely love it already. I put this strap around my chest while I workout and it reads on the watch my heart rate and how many calories I've burnt. I used it tonight in my workout. I kept on pushing myself harder and harder because I immediately saw those calories being burnt. Immediate satisfaction! If you are interested you can get it here

After doing some serious hunting for deals we were famished. I was kind of worried because this was my first time going out to eat while on the 21 day fix. We went to the Cheesecake Factory and walked by all the sinfully delicious looking cheesecakes drizzled with goodness and I reminded myself that I was going to stay strong. I found a ton of great options for lunch but decided to go with the chicken lettuce wraps Mexican style! They were actually an appetizer but came out to the perfect portion size for lunch. 

Doesn't this make you drool?


Today I had the opportunity to go to st Pete beach with some family. It was wonderful and relaxing. I packed a bunch of healthy snacks and a delicious salad for lunch and it could have been more perfect!

See my salad?


Grilled chicken on romaine lettuce with feta, cucumber, strawberry and apple. Oh and I found the most amazing salad dressing. You can get it in the produce section at publix. 

Funny story. I actually didn't get to use this. I ended up spilling it all in the cooler instead. Hilarious I tell you. But luckily there was a bar and grill I was able to steal a little balsamic vinaigrette. But let me tell you...the raspberry one is so much better.

Oh and one last thing I'm going to share my dinner from Friday night! We made blackened trout, sweet potato, and sautéed zucchini and squash...soooooo yummy! I wanted to make my own blackening seasoning since the store bought ones usually have so much sodium. 

1 1/2 T paprika
1T garlic powder
1 T onion powder
1 T ground dried thyme
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano



Mix it all together! It made quite a bit so we just put whatever we didn't use in a plastic baggy. 

Blackening seasoning is so goo on just about any fish. Brush a little coconut oil on each side and then generously coat your fish or chicken or whatever you want to use with the seasoning. 

Sear it for 3-5 minutes on each side on a smoking hot pan. We did ours on a cast iron skillet on the grill for 3 minutes per side. Enjoy!



Hope you all had a great weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment