Wednesday, June 11, 2014

How I Overcame My Obsession

I officially completed my first round with the 21 day fix. My goal in the beginning was that I wanted to lose about 10 pounds.  Like I said before in my previous post, I was addicted to the numbers on the scale.  I thought that there was a magic number that would make me feel better about myself.  I thought that once I reached that I would instantly have more confidence in myself, that I wouldn't be so depressed, that I would finally stop worrying so much with how I looked.
You can ask my husband how bad it had gotten.  I have struggled with eating disorders in my past and I was right on the cusp of starting one again.  Since I got married I had this range of 5 lbs that I felt comfortable with. It was actually a really good system, or so I thought, at the the time. As long as I stayed in that range I was good.  When I got to the higher part of the range I would cut back on the junk food until I got to the lower number. BUT I was still stepping on the scale every single day. Then one day I hit the top number of my range. I just did what I had done before, but this time it didn't work. My number kept on creeping up one pound at a time.  I was freaking out.  I called my doctor and complained that my thyroid medicine wasn't working.  He adjusted it, but my number still stayed high.  I knew it was a matter of moments before I was going to head down the ED path again.  I started to weigh myself 2...3...4... times a day. I grew extremely depressed.
I had seen a few people on my Facebook bragging about this whole 21 day fix thing.  I saw people that I knew changing their bodies in just three weeks.  Since I wanted really fast results I figured this was the program for me! So for the cost of less than 2 month gym membership I ordered it. Then I did a lot of research on a protein shake/meal replacement and couldn't find anything close to what shakeology had to offer, so I got Shakeology as well. Then I had a coach e-mail me and invited me to be part of a challenge group. You guys already heard me brag about this, but I will some more.  I LOVED LOVED LOVED it!!!! Having a coach and other people in the same boat as me helped me get through it. My coach was free too! My kind of price lol.
So I went through the whole program doing my absolute best to stick with the meal plan and workouts.  The meals were awesome. I was actually eating more than I had before!
Then it came time to weigh, measure, and take my after pictures. And guess what! I was only down 0.8lbs! Whoa! The old me would have been absolutely livid that I put so much time and energy into something without losing any weight. BUT I was down 11.75" and -4% body fat! And my after pictures proved that my body did some serious changing in just three weeks.  I have more energy now than I ever had before.  I am stronger than I have ever been before.  My body looks great! I don't care that I didn't lose 10 lbs. Honestly, I think I look better than ever! My confidence has soared.  I am so happy! I know now that it doesn't matter about the number on the scale. What does matter is that I'm healthy now!


BEFORE:





AFTER









I share this with all of you because I know there are other people like me out there!  I want to be your coach! I want to stand side by side with you!  We can do this together!!!!! I have a challenge group starting on June 30th and I would love for you to be a part of it!

To Get started


Sign up for your free account

then fill out this application-- it is going to ask you for your goals! I want you to dig deep for this answer and not just a "I want to lose 10 lbs."  I want it to be more like, "I want enough energy in the day to play with my kids." or "I want to build my confidence up and feel stronger."


Next
Purchase 21 Day Fix with Shakeology

or

Purchase 21 Day Fix without Shakeology


I hope you will chose me to be your coach! I want to show you the person you are able to become!

No comments:

Post a Comment